Another $1,400 Stimulus Checks to Social Security Recipients (Updated News)

The cost-of-living of adjustments of Social Security for the year 2022 could be the biggest in many years. But even if the adjustments are done and the amounts are increased on monthly basis it still won’t be enough as said by a group of nonpartisan advocacy of Senior Citizens League. Recently both the house of Representatives and the Senate were sent a letter during this week.

It is believed that the group is planning to step up its plan for $1400 stimulus checks which were planned to be sent to all the beneficiaries of the Social Security at once.

In the letter, it was written that the group is looking forward to a stimulus check of a specific amount for the recipients of Social Security that would help them manage the higher costs and would be easy for them if they are affected by the same COLA bumps next year as well and in turn, forcing them into to give a higher tax, which would cause higher rates of tax on their earnings and can even affect everyone’s Medicare premiums of part B. The letter was signed by the chairman of the Senior Citizen league, Richard “Rick”.

Another $1,400 Stimulus Checks
Another $1,400 Stimulus Checks

Is the group planning to have another round of $1,400 stimulus payments?

As per the planning, the COLA in the upcoming years the plan of Social Security have decided to get the payment increased up to a rate of 6%, as that has been evaluated according to the rising customer prices. This increase would be a lot above the increased rate of 1.3% as per the reports of the monthly checks received as of this year.

$760,000 Social Security Fraud Charged Supervisor Her Harley Davidson, Nc Judge Says

Moreover, these increases in amount might not be completely sufficient to help and of the party receiving the amount, and some people might also have to decrease their spending on food or get health benefits from any of the places where foods were provided or other benefits for Supplementary Nutrition Assistance Program benefits, as said by The Senior Citizens League.

Other than all other single-time payments, the group has now planned for changing the ways of calculation of the COLA annual plans. The Social Security Administration is presently using the User Price Index which is based on the Urban workers and other clerical Workers to calculate those changes.

These calculated plans are also called the CPI-W, it calculates the amount being spent by those who are earning hourly earnings or are working in corporate jobs.

IRS to get a peak having more than $600 in the bank account

What else is being planned from Personal Finance:

As per the reports, there might be few changes in the upcoming plans by the benefits given by Social Security. As at this particular period, the Americans say they are planning to retire and accordingly the cost-of-living adjustment of the Social Security could be a minimum of 6% in the upcoming year. Moreover, there might be a different point of view to the user Price Index for all the older people and it would be more easily reflected the costs of seniors face, and all the arguments of the group.

The Senior Citizens League is also planning for the officials to make sure that Social Security will continue to provide the advantages up to the upcoming  75 years. The annual report for the Social Security trustees’ also showed that there is a combination of funds that will be provided for the benefits of retirement and disability and it will be decreased by 2034, and at that point, a total of 78% of all the benefits that were promised will be paid.

However, all the plans gave by President Biden at the time of his campaign, and by a lot of members of Congress, also have the same goals. The campaign for the Senior Citizens League’s campaign which was being planned to provide the 4th stimulus checks for all the elderly people was started in September and also contains an online petition.

32 thoughts on “Another $1,400 Stimulus Checks to Social Security Recipients (Updated News)”

1. HELP.I am living on SSI.Alone ,with rent and utilities My check is 787 a month.I am 100%disabled. Citizens like myself myself need a stimulus check.I feel we have been forgotton..
    Sincerly,Maryann Reinhart

• You know they think this is a game one minute we’re getting stimulus one minute we’re not they cut a lot of things out that would have benefited seniors they put it back in once and for all can you give me a straight answer I know that’s not the Democrats way of doing things but our seniors on disability getting monetary help from the government or not inform of checks

2. Yes they need the money. Cost of living goes up but the money does not. When you have to choose between food and medications. Which would you go without?. They have worked hard all their life and payed in to SS and they do not get back what they have payed in. It is a shame we make them go thru this. Where is your hearts?????

3. I think every one that make less then 75.000 just like the last round of 1400 stimulus checks every one should get this or like cal 1100 a month cents the covid 19 started and or steal getting stimulus checks today y the rest of the USA people not getting this same help y ?.

4. Big joke about extra two hundred a month. They will then raise cost of Medicare part A and B and you end up with nothing. Start reducing welfare payments and take care of your seniors. Its hard for some social security receipts to live on their social security.

5. I have been on social security and not once did I get a stimulus check. I am poor every month. Don’t have extra money for clothes. When will I get a check.

6. We desperately need some extra money right now we are barely getting by everything has raised but our pay and we can’t afford all of this we are doing good to pay our bills and eat and buy medicine and we don’t buy any meat unless I find something on sale cheap and that’s not very often they send out all this money and food stamps to these kids and that money is a lot of times wasted I’m all for kids having food but these older people need help too

7. I think they help us Senior’s with extra money because Everytime we get an increase they increase my rent. So I don’t see that money. I’m disabled and receive SSI. So yes I think we should get more Stimulus Payment for all SSI and Disabled. Thank you.

8. It seems like all the elderly people that are on social security are just pushed to the side and people with younger kids can get a monthly check from them we only get social security I’m trying to raise my granddaughter on my check alone and cannot get no help nowhere

9. I am a 69 year old senior citizen who receives $19 MONTHLY SNAP. Oh! Mistske just received a $1 raise in October. A stimulus would be so beneficial to help in psying bills: electric, water, gas, sanitary, groceries, telephone, and TV for socialization and new reports. Please encourage our elected officisls thst SENIORS do matter.

10. It would benefit greatly to have a $1400 stimulus check issued to us.
    The 6% cola raise is great, however does Medicare always need to take the majority of our annual cola amount for operational expenses. There are hundreds of thousands of retired people who are being shortchanged by the greed of Medicare. We are not their petty-cash fund.

11. It’s truly disgusting to get an COLA of any percentage on your future social security checks and then the MEDICARE monthly Premium payment taken from your social security check is INCREASED; THEREFORE EATING UP ANY INCREASE THAT WE MAY BE RECEIVING!! This process only puts us seniors in a DEEPER FINICAL HOLE THAN BEFORE I COLA INCREASE!!

12. We are counting on that check to help us out 794.00 dollars is gone in one day we get it.yes im in a fix income.I do without a lot of thing’s that I need but can’t do anything about it.
    So please help us out.

13. I get 954.72,monthly dissability.why can’t I recieve stimulis money.i have trouble paying bills,n hard to pay any rent.

14. Area we getting another round of stimulus checks i sure could use it because the prices of food has went up really bad an the gas has went up everything has went up when the Delta started going around

15. While all the stimulus checks were going out the recipients were using the money to spend it foolishly i am a widow receiving the widows pension that’s not even enough to pay my bills so i don’t understand why the younger generation rely on the government to get rid of theirproblems on this day and time we need to be more cautious about our spending what we need versus what we want unfortunately this is a different era this young people see this world different this is where I stand our knew generation will be more expensive and harder to provide tecnology is what the difference is i hope this kid’s start putting attention to the population needs and i hope the seniors get a little more consideration Thankyou godbless and good luck again Thankyou for the help coming our way

16. I certainly hope they are planning on giving us Seniors another Stimullus check. We have been left out of most of them because we don’t “earn” money from a job. I live on $13,000 a year. My rent is $1075.95 a month and I am responsible for all utilities. All of my utilities are seriously behind because I have to rely on my family to pay them every month and sometimes that is putting a burden on them. So please under $49,00 and include fixed incomes. Those people who make $75,00 do not need money they put that extra money in savings. We need a stimulus check.

17. To whom it may concern. How can you ,
    pay all your bills .in New York or anywhere
    receiving.$636.00. 3rd. From Social-Sercurity.P.S. please tell me,because i’m
    Hurting really Bad.

18. I only receive 2 stimulus check.As far as a raise in SS is no big deal.My medical insurance get most of the money with me getting about $2 more in my check.$1000 for rent plus utilities takes not most but all of my check.Food stamps is out the question for ppl on SS.I work all my adult life paying tax’s.

19. It is impossible to keep up with rising prices on everything and social security recipients surely could use this stimulus soon. Please work to make it happen.

20. I am a veteran and a retiree and I rely on my Social Secutity income to live months to month.. I full support the Seniors League and I agree with then a $14.000 Dollar stimulus checks would help all seniors tremendously . I also agree the checks should be sent monthly for three duration of the pandemic…

21. With the cost of gas, groceries, insurance and rent going up, people on social security are struggling to get by. I think we should get the $1400 stimulus check until this pandemic is over with. Help these people instead of the ones in the White House. They are rich enough.

22. S.S has never thought about how senior. Citizens are living from month to month because they don’t have to live this. It is hard to pay rent utilities and all the other things it takes for us to live.It like know they JUST Don’t Care and it’s sad.