The Chosen Season 3 Release Date: Cancelled or Renewed?

The historical drama series, The Chosen Season is renewed for season 3. Director Dallas Jenkins has shown his wonderful work throughout the two seasons and fans have loved the depiction of the life story of Jesus Christ.

Fans expected a season 3 on the way but the confirmation was still due. But now that we are in 2022, The Chosen Season 3 will start streaming soon.

So, if you want to follow the journey of Jesus Christ and how he made the world a better place to live, this is the best show one can watch. The show has garnered over 150 million views till June 2021 and it has increased more with time.

The Chosen Season 3 Release Date

This series has always been a favorite amongst the viewers. The hit series is known for beautifully showing the life story of Jesus and even spreading peaceful messages. So, a third season was definitely in the line.

‘NBA 2k22’ Season 4 Hunt 4 Glory: Expected Release Date & Updates!

Now, for the release date, the show is going to premiere in late 2022. Even if the wait is long, the hype amongst the fans for watching such an iconic show will never fall flat.

If you see the pattern of the last two seasons, we can guess that maybe this third season will consist of 8 episodes.

2019 was the first year when the show premiered. As 2020 was a chaotic year due to covid, the second season was pushed. So, the second season aired back in 2021.

Viewers also received an unexpected Christmas gift since there was a Christmas special as well in December.

The runtime of the show varies between 50 to 55 minutes. Thus, you may see the same runtime in season 3. Plus, viewers can now watch the show on Amazon Prime Video.

The Chosen Season 3
The Chosen Season 3

Expected Plot for the Chosen Season 3

The second season showed the impact of Jesus on all the individuals’ lives. Slowly, the words about miracles done by Jesus started spreading all over the world and people started believing in his power. This has led to the rise of Jesus’ followers and more people are becoming a part of his followers.

In season 2 of The Chosen, viewers saw the disciples of Jesus spreading his preaching. Season 2 was all about Jesus’ public ministry. Since he started gaining the trust of many, his followers started growing.

So, not only Jesus Christ but also his beloved people have to make severe adjustments for beginning his life journey as the leader. The last episode of the second season clearly showed that preparation for the sermon had already begun.

Meanwhile, the Pharisees and Quintus try to understand if Jesus will be a threat to the Roman government.

Now, most of the incidents and scenes took inspiration from the gospel. So, we can guess the storyline of the upcoming season based on that. This season will also focus on showing the true stories and how Jesus made a great difference in everyone’s life.

Motorola Razr 2022 Release Date Window, Price, News, and Leaks

The Chosen Season 3 Cast

We will see the original cast reprising their roles in the third season. Jonathan Roumie perfectly fits the role of Jesus Christ whereas Elizabeth Tabish does a beautiful performance as Magdalene.

We will also see Shahad Issac representing Simon and even Paras Patel for the role of Mathew. However, we think that some of the characters that we have seen in the second season will not return.

The Chosen Season 3 Trailer

Sadly, the trailer for season 3 is still not out. There has been no announcement regarding the trailer or release date. However, if you want to have an idea, you can re-watch the past episodes to understand the plot of season 3.

The return of this series is confirmed. The fans are only waiting for the final updates on the trailer and release date. So, what are you expecting?

30 thoughts on “The Chosen Season 3 Release Date: Cancelled or Renewed?”

1. I’m disappointed that Season 3 is not out yet. I will be waiting to see it when it comes. So far I have loved watching The Chosen very much and have been telling others about it. Thanks for producing this greatest of all stories..

2. I Love it and cannot wait for season 3. I am a 58 year old man that is like a 5 year old child on Christmas day. Very excited. May God Bless each and every one of the persons involved in the making of”The Chosen”. GOD IS GOOD,All THE TIME

3. This series has blessed me beyond my ability to even express… the gospels have come alive for me even in my personal study!! I tell all who will listen about The Chosen and urge them to “come and see”. Those whose faith has floundered in these past difficult years, who’ve drifted away from church and the word of God are being drawn back to the the loveliness of Jesus by this unique visual retelling of His story in this film portrayal. I thank God for blessing countless people through this marvelous remarkable effort!!!

4. Thank you for this show. I pray that God somehow provides the needed fund for your work, I am retired so I cannot help financially but pray.
    God bless each one of you and yes, so many who watch these shows will accept our Lord as their Saviour in their hearts and lead a blessed life. Blessings.

5. Praying that as many of the original cast members will remain throughout the seasons. You all are truly, truly doing God’s work on this earth that so desperately needs comfort, mercy and redemption. I love you all, I want to Come And See you all return ❤️
    Thank you for helping to save my life 🙏

6. I have not watched any of the series of The Chosen. I heard of it late last year. Is it possible to watch the entire series beginning with Season One?
    If it is possible, please inform me as to what I need to do to access all the episodes, beginning with Season 1.
    Thank you so very much.

7. The end of the year ? Remember, Jesus said, “Behold I come quickly” so they should be more Christ like ! Be safe and hurry up before He returns.

8. Please let me know when season 3 starts!! I can’t explain my feelings but I feel so close to Jesus and Mother Mary and the apostle watching the Chosen,it helps me feel as each new day starts I feel Jesus walking with me Mother Mary teaching me how to love her son more and knowing how imperfect the apostle were I got a chance to make it to heaven 😊 The Chosen series is such a blessing thank you very much for making it possible!!! It beats out of of the old Hollywood movies about Christ. The Chosen and Passion of Christ by Mel Gibson’s are by far the best telling of our Savior and his life!!!

9. I can’t wait, we have been watching all of them inedible study. We are ppl in assisted living, so we need this, it fills our life’s.

10. I am so looking forward to Season 3! I’m 62 years old and have been saved since I was 22. I haven’t watched an episode where tears haven’t streamed. You couldn’t start the next season soon enough for me. Good bless you all and the actors and the roles they are portraying. They are all perfect for their parts. God bless you, Dallas Jenkins!

11. I am so excited to hear it is continuing. With the world in such chaos this series is so vital to spread the messages of Christ. Bless your souls for the work to continue on.

12. I have so enjoyed the first 2 seasons of the Chosen, I am so looking forward to Season 3. I try to keep up with the update and share them with my husband as he even started watching the Chosen with me. If I woke up at night and couldn’t sleep I would plug my earphones in and lay in bed and watch the different episodes. Till I could fall asleep again. I also am reading 40 days with Jesus . Book #2. I totally enjoyed book#1 and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great devotional.

13. Can hardly wait for season 3 . Love this series so moving and the actors due a wonderful job. Everyone in the world should view how well the life of our Lord is portrayed. It touches your heart and can feel the presence of the Holy Spirit as they show His life, His Love. HIS compassion for us.

14. I can’t wait!! So excited for season 3!! This is such an awesome series, I just keep rewatching 1& 2!! Thank you!! It has truly been a blessing to me!!

15. I have absorbed the first 2 seasons like a glass of water. It has given me a wonderful feeling of closeness to my Savior. A renewal of the sprit of the gift of the Holy Ghost. And awakened the feeling of love that Christ wants us all to feel and spread. Thank you for making this possible for even me to have.

16. We want the actual Season 3 to start. It’s been far to long between the seasons being released. At this rate it looks like I literally won’t live to see the seasons 4 thru 7.

17. Such a beautiful series. Such a beautiful program. Long over due for the truth of Our future for eternal life. Trust in Him. Are only way to Heaven.

18. I love this series. It strikes deep into my heart and I have watched it many times. I ordered the dvds of the first two seasons. I look forward to season three of this most touching and inspiring story.