A famous American rapper and songwriter, DaBaby gained worldwide fame with his debut studio album. He has a series of chart-busting albums that is the main reason for DaBaby’s net worth.
Apart from being a musician, he has introduced his record label Billion Dollar Baby Entertainment to help other aspiring singers. DaBaby’s net worth is now enough for a good lifestyle. But he is tied up in severe legal problems. So, here are the details for DaBaby’s net worth, his lifestyle, and more.
You may also consider :
- Dakota Fanning Net Worth (Updated 2022): Biography, Career, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Earnings More
- Brenda Song Net Worth (Updated 2022): Bio, Early Life, And Personal Life
DaBaby’s Early Life
Jonathan Lyndale Kirk aka DaBaby was born on 22nd December 1991 in Cleveland, Ohio. He has two more brothers and the family relocated to Charlotte, North Carolina in 1999. There he completed graduation from Vance High School in the year of 2010.
The rapper continued his education and studied at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro for two years. DaBaby’s net worth was self-made throughout his career. The past years have been sad for him as his father died in 2019 and brother Gleen shot himself in 2020.
When he first dropped his music, DaBaby was known by the name Baby Jesus. The rapper’s career started in 2015 with his first mixtape, “Nonfiction”. He worked hard to have two more releases, “So Disrespectful” and “The 10 Minute Mixtape” in that same year.
In 2016, he continued his mission to create DaBaby’s net worth and released “God’s Work” as well as “God’s Resurrected”. But 2017 was the prime year for him since he made as many as six mixtapes and released them for the audiences. His talent was recognized and Arnold Taylor signed him with his label, South Coast Music Group after watching him perform in the North Carolina clubs.
DaBaby’s net worth was on the verge of reinvention after he made it to get a deal with Jay-Z’s entertainment company, the popular Roc Nation. His 2018 mixtape, “Blank Blank” was dropped under this label. It became such a huge hit that record labels were having a bidding war to sign DaBaby and finally, he secured a seven-figure deal by agreeing to join Interscope.
Working with this label was a different experience for DaBaby as his debut studio album, “Baby on Baby” was released on 1st March 2019. His singles like “Baby Sitter” and “Suge” were featured on Billboard’s chart and even Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. It was such a big success that DaBaby got two Grammy nominations as well.
Soon DaBaby’s net worth was in seven figures and he smoothly got into the mainstream music industry to work with the top stars. He worked with icons like Kanye West, Camila Cabello, Chance the Rapper, Megan Thee Stallion, Lizzo, Dua Lipa, and more. Now, DaBaby’s net worth is at par with the top names in the industry and he is aiming to be more successful in the future.
Awards & Nominations
DaBaby’s net worth may be tempting but he has also received fame and praise. Some of the best awards and nominations of DaBaby’s career are:
- Six Grammys Nominations
- Best Rap Song and Best Rap Performance for “Suge” (2020),
- Best Rap Performance for “BOP” (2021)
- Best Rap Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, and Record of the Year for “Rockstar” (2021)
- Won four MTV Video Music Award nominations
- Song of Summer for “Suge” (2019)
- “Rockstar” (2020)
- Best Hip-Hop for “BOP on Broadway” (2020)
- Artist of the Year (2020)
- Won three ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards in 2020
- Top R&B/Hip-Hop Song for “Suge”
- Winning R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for “Baby Sitter” and “Cash Shit”
- Got 11 BET Award nominations
- Won Best Male Hip Hop Artist in 2020
- Won a BET Hip Hop Award for Best New Hip Hop Artist in 2019
- Got eight “Billboard” Music Award nominations in 2021
- “Rockstar” wonTop Rap Song and Top Streaming Song.
DaBaby’s Personal Life
DaBaby is not married yet but he has two daughters. His first daughter is with ex-girlfriend MeMe and the ex-girlfriend even has a son named Caleb whom DaBaby considers to be his own.
Despite DaBaby’s net worth, he has been involved in many legal cases. While he was shopping with his family in Walmart in Huntersville, North Carolina in 2018, he had an altercation and one man involved in this died due to a gunshot. DaBaby confessed it and claimed he did it out of self-defense.
He was convicted of carrying a gun. DaBaby was also involved in a robbery investigation and had to spend 48 hours in hail for the same. He also slapped his female fan when he was going up to his stage in 2020. These are a few of the many controversies of DaBaby’s Life.
You may also consider:
- Sophia Loren Net Worth (Updated Today): How Rich Is The Legendary Actress?
- Amanda Bynes Net Worth: Bio, Career, Personal Life, Conservatorship, Income More
DaBaby’s Net Worth & Real Estate
DaBaby’s net worth is $5 million. He has worked throughout his career to have such a lucrative net worth. With DaBaby’s net worth, he even bought an 11,300 square foot home for $2.3 million. As he is from North Carolina, he planned on settling there and bought a home a Troutman.
This was all about DaBaby Net Worth. For more such content please visit leedaily.com