Authorities in Canada said on Monday that one of the suspects in the mass stabbing that claimed the lives of 10 people had been found dead from what do not appear to be self-inflicted injuries. According to the Regina Police 31-year-old Damien Sanderson was discovered stabbed to death at roughly 11:30 a.m. on Monday.
He and his brother Myles Sanderson both 30 years old are wanted in connection with a knife attack on Sunday in which 10 people were killed and 18 others were injured in an Indigenous hamlet in Saskatchewan. “His body was located outdoors in a heavily grassed area in proximity to a house that was being examined. We can confirm he has visible injuries. These injuries are not believed to be self-inflicted at this point,” Royal Canadian Mounted Police Commanding Officer Assistant Commissioner Rhonda Blackmore informed The Associated Press.
Some speculation is that his brother may have murdered him and the police have not ruled out that possibility. They can tell that Myles Sanderson is hurt and hiding somewhere. Since last May authorities have been trying to track down Myles Sanderson for an unrelated crime. According to Blackmore, Myles Sanderson has a lengthy criminal record including violent crimes.
“Even if he is injured it does not mean that he is not still dangerous,” Blackmore told the New York Post. “Myles has a lengthy criminal record involving both persons and property crimes… We consider him armed and dangerous. Do not approach him.”
Stabbing victims were recovered at 13 separate crime scenes in both the First Nation community and the tiny village of Weldon. According to the police some of the victims were intended targets while others were struck by chance.
Myles Sanderson faces three counts of first-degree murder and one count of attempted murder in connection with the incident. Assault and first-degree murder are the charges against Damien Sanderson. Extra charges may likely be brought against the brothers.
For more such updates do follow us only on Lee Daily.