Chris Redd of Saturday Night Live was Hospitalized After NYC Attack

Chris Redd’s most recent night out is not something to laugh about. The former Saturday Night Live star was allegedly attacked by a stranger on October 26. He was taken to a hospital in New York City.

The New York City Police Department told that a 37-year-old male was struck in the face at 9:40 p.m. outside the Comedy Cellar in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village neighborhood. The victim’s face was hurt, so he was taken to Bellevue Hospital. As of press time, no one had been caught, and police said the investigation was still going on.

TMZ got pictures of someone who looks like Chris Redd getting help for his bloody wounds. At this time, we don’t know what’s wrong with the comedian. E! News has tried to get Chris’s team to say something but hasn’t heard back yet.

This happened just days before the 37-year-new old’s comedy special, Why Am I Like This is released on HBO Max on Nov. 3.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Chris Redd (@chrisreddis)

“14 years of hustle…countless amount of shows,” he wrote on Instagram while teasing his special, “Years of running around doing dumb s—t…and being *almost* scandal free all lead to this!!”

Before that, the comedian was on Saturday Night Live for five seasons. Chris said in September that he would not be back for season 48 in the fall.

“Being a part of SNL has been the experience of a lifetime,” he said in a statement. “Five years ago, I walked into 30 Rock knowing that this was an amazing opportunity for growth. Now, with friends who have become family and memories I will cherish forever, I’m grateful to Lorne Michaels and to the entire SNL organization.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Chris Redd (@chrisreddis)

Chris was known for his impressions of Barack Obama and Kanye West while he was on the show. He also won the Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics Emmy for “Come Back Barack” in 2018.

Follow us only on Lee Daily for more news like this.

Leave a Comment