A closer examination of some of the new capabilities added by the messaging service owned by Meta.
WhatsApp users recently received a variety of new features from the Meta-owned messaging service. For its users around the world, WhatsApp has been developing a lot of new tools and features.
On the App Store or Play Store, the upgraded version of WhatsApp is currently accessible. Let’s examine some of the platform’s new features in more detail.
With the new capability, users can now text their phone numbers. You can save important notes or media. Additionally, all your media and conversations from the “Message Yourself” Chat will be sent to all your connected devices, enabling you to access them whenever you choose from any device.
Say 👋 to 🆕 Message Yourself.
You can now send reminders 📝, inspiration ☁️, and everything in between to yourself in one easy-to-find place synced across all your devices. pic.twitter.com/4dahlgXysi
— WhatsApp (@WhatsApp) November 29, 2022
How it works
- Open ‘New’ chat
- You will notice your name and the text message at the top of your contacts list.
- To start a new chat and message yourself, choose your profile.
Forward a message to yourself
- With the message, you want to forward to yourself, start a chat.
- Hover over the message > click the arrow icon > Forward message icon>.
- Click the send icon after typing in your name or phone number.
A new shortcut for erasing messages has begun to go out on Android beta on the messaging network owned by Meta. Some users could access the new functionality after downloading the most recent WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 upgrade, according to the WhatsApp beta tracker website WABetaInfo. Over the next few days, this shortcut will become available to more users.
This is how it will operate: The new shortcut is marked as a space-saving utility in the “Manage Storage” section. Designating new and existing chats as disappearing threads using the new team is simple.
According to the article, users can even employ disappearing messages to have media automatically deleted after a specified period.
Display profile pictures in a group
Thanks to this new upgrade, users can now quickly identify group members. Users are now presented with the display image of the group members in addition to the text bubble.
Call Link function
Users of WhatsApp may now make and share WhatsApp call links from the Calls page so that other users can join the call directly from their individual or group chats.
- Tap the Calls tab
- Tap Create Call Link
- Select your call type, video, or voice.
- Tap Share Link or Copy Link and send it in WhatsApp or another app
- Links lose their validity after 90 days if they are not used.
- WhatsApp can revoke links for security and privacy reasons.
- Only mobile devices are presently supported for WhatsApp call links.
New features for Group admins
- The group admins will now be the only ones to inform anyone who leaves the group.
- Group administrators now have the option to delete messages from group members if they are deemed rude or inappropriate. Everyone can see the individual who deleted the message.
- WhatsApp now allows 512 users in groups, with 1024 users soon to follow.
Meet leave groups silently 👋
Now you can ✌️ out of the group chat whenever you feel like it, without alerting everyone, because only the group admin will be notified when you leave the chat.
— WhatsApp (@WhatsApp) October 6, 2022
Undo ‘Delete for me.’
People can immediately reverse the “Delete for Me” message using WhatsApp. Assuming you selected the ‘Delete for Me option rather than the ‘Delete for Everyone option, here is how to retrieve the delete for my message:
How it functions, Check the WhatsApp conversation message you unintentionally deleted for yourself. There will be an “Undo” button visible. To restore your message, click the “Undo” option.
People may now use their customized avatars as their WhatsApp profile photos or select one of 36 unique stickers representing a wide range of emotions and actions. Your avatar is a digital representation of yourself that may be made from countless combinations of various face characteristics, hairstyles, and clothing.
The business promised to release aesthetic improvements to avatars over time, such as improved lighting, shading, and hairstyle textures. Adding legs to Meta’s virtual avatars, which are not currently available on its VR platform Horizon Worlds, may happen as early as next year.
Steps to create an avatar
- Go to settings
- Tap Avatar > Create your avatar
- Follow the steps to create your avatar. (Choose your skin tone, hairstyle, hair color, face shape, outfit and other features.)
- Tap on done.
Avatar as a profile photo
- Go to WhatsApp settings
- Tap your profile photo > Edit > Edit
- Go to use avatar and tap on done
How to delete an avatar
- Go to your settings
- Tap avatar > Delete avatar
- Tap delete.
21 new emojis
Twenty-one new emoticons are being developed by Meta-owned messaging service WhatsApp for a future upgrade to the program. Eight emoticons already included in the beta edition of the messaging app have also undergone redesigns, according to WABetaInfo. Eight emojis have been changed in the most recent beta build, accessible on the Play Store, and 21 new emojis will soon be available to all beta testers.
Picture-in-picture capability for WhatsApp’s video calls on iOS beta has begun to roll out. It enables users to utilize other programs while making a WhatsApp video call. If the feature is enabled for your account, a picture-in-picture view will show while you multitask with other applications. The video call view utilizes official iOS APIs.
Thus, users can temporarily disable it (Application programming interface). According to the article, the new capability will be available to more customers over the next several days.
You might need to turn on the picture-in-picture feature in the WhatsApp app if it isn’t functioning for you.
- Go to Settings > Apps and notifications > WhatsApp > Advanced > Picture-in-picture
- Do not forget to update the WhatsApp application. You could also try clearing the cache.
- Tap settings > Apps and notifications > WhatsApp > Storage and cache > Clear cache.
WhatsApp introduced a yellow pages-style business directory last month in five different nations. Brazil, the UK, Indonesia, Mexico, and Colombia received the feature. The business claims that consumers will be able to search directly for companies that can be reached through the service or browse by business categories like travel or banking with the help of the directory.
Some requirements must be met:
- Once the feature is made accessible to the general public, use the most recent version of WhatsApp listed on the Play Store and App Store.
- In your business profile, be sure to include all pertinent details.
- Your “Profile Pictureprivacy “setting should be set to “everyone.”
- The user must possess a business license. When the Business Directory is accessible, WhatsApp will provide more details.
- You can apply for complimentary membership under the WhatsApp Business Tools Settings if you match the conditions.
Chat list filters
Users can now search a conversation list in WhatsApp to rapidly access particular messages or files from contacts or filter all the unread messages. The new feature makes finding items like photographs, GIFs, links, and documents effortless. The filter icon is close to the search bar on iPhones, Android phones, and the WhatsApp site.
To filter unread chats.
- Open the WhatsApp Business app > Tap Search.
- Note: If your device is an iPhone, you may need to swipe down on the Chats screen first.
- Select a filter from the dropdown list that you’d like to apply.
- Note: Filters can’t be deleted or altered.
According to the messaging platform owned by Meta Platforms, WhatsApp is introducing Communities. This feature allows users to organize chat groups into broader structures and capabilities like more extensive group video calls and in-chat polls.
With Communities, WhatsApp claims to be raising the bar for how businesses interact with a level of security and privacy unmatched by any other platform.
Using WhatsApp Polls, users can pose questions and get immediate answers in group or private chats. Users in a poll have a maximum of 12 alternatives to choose from for each question.
📊 Polls are here!
Now making decisions in the group chat is even easier and even more fun. pic.twitter.com/WVsAI6Nk2B
— WhatsApp (@WhatsApp) November 16, 2022
To create a poll
- Open a chat.
- Click Attach icon > Poll > Create Poll
- Enter your question in Ask question
- Enter your poll options in Options > click Add. Click and drag to change the order of your poll options.
- Tap on the send icon to create and send your poll
Respond to a poll
- Click on the options you want to vote for.
Change your vote
- Click on different poll options to change your vote.
View poll details
- Open a chat
- Click View votes
WhatsApp users can now directly react to status updates with eight emoji options on the screen, similar to Instagram and Facebook. Here’s how it works:
- Open a status
- Tap on the reply option or swipe up on the status
- Tap on an emoji reaction to send an instant message to that person’s chat.
One of those features, screenshot blocking, was in the works for WhatsApp beta on iOS but has not yet been discovered by WABetaInfo for Android beta. The screenshot will be automatically prohibited if the recipient tries to capture one to view photographs or videos, but the sender won’t be alerted. A user can still snap pictures using a different phone or camera.
With the aid of this feature, users can enable hyperlink URLs in the caption of status updates that resemble Instagram “Stories.” Viewers can access URLs by simply clicking on the links as a result.
The time limit for deleting sent messages
WhatsApp intends to extend the period before sent messages can be deleted to two days and 12 hours (60 hours in total). Currently, users have one hour, eight minutes, and sixteen seconds to erase sent messages.
Search messages by date
Users can now search messages by date thanks to a new feature that the messaging service has begun to push out to some iOS beta testers. According to WABetaInfo, the functionality lets users quickly skip to a specific date inside a discussion.
When the feature is accessible while looking for a WhatsApp message, a calendar icon will appear. According to WABetaInfo, the part will be available to more users in the upcoming weeks.
Stay tuned with us on Leedaily.com for more latest updates and recent news.
- 1 Message Yourself
- 2 Disappearing messages
- 3 Display profile pictures in a group
- 4 Call Link function
- 5 New features for Group admins
- 6 Undo ‘Delete for me.’
- 7 Digital avatars
- 8 21 new emojis
- 9 Picture-in-picture mode
- 10 Business Directory
- 11 Chat list filters
- 12 Communities
- 13 WhatsApp Polls
- 14 Status Reactions
- 15 Screenshot blocking
- 16 Clickable links on the status
- 17 The time limit for deleting sent messages
- 18 Search messages by date