An independent arbitrator cut Trevor Bauer’s original 324-game suspension for breaking MLB’s policy on domestic violence to 194 games and put him back in the league.
Joe Tacopina, a powerful lawyer who represents one of Trevor Bauer’s accusers, sent a statement to TMZ Sports on behalf of his client, saying, “The arbitrator chosen by MLB and the MLBPA confirmed that Trevor Bauer violated Major League Baseball’s Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Child Abuse Policy.”
“That is vindication for the brave victims who came forward and testified. Period. The amount of games he was suspended is of no concern to my client and is a matter for the league and the union to be concerned about.”
Have a look at:
- How Many More Games Are There to Play In The MLB Season Of 2022?
- In MLB The Show 22, How Much Do Stubs Cost?
The three Bauer representatives, Jon Fetterolf, Shawn Holley and Rachel Luba, issued a joint statement on Thursday in which they declared that “While we are glad that Mr. Bauer has been quickly restored, we disagree that any penalty should have been imposed.”
“That said, Mr. Bauer looks forward to his return to the field, where his goal remains to help his team win a World Series.” Trevor Bauer was suspended for 324 games after he was accused of sexual assault. On Thursday, the league said that his punishment had been cut to 194 games.
Independent arbitrator Martin Scheinman ruled that the Dodgers pitcher will be back on the field right away. He had been suspended for 144 games. Bauer won’t have to miss any more games because his time on the league’s restricted list in 2021 will count toward the total amount of time he has to miss.
Trevor Bauer has been reinstated by MLB, effective immediately after his suspension was reduced to 194 games. pic.twitter.com/Ni6YGDq6Bg
— FOX Sports: MLB (@MLBONFOX) December 23, 2022
“While we believe a longer suspension was warranted, MLB will abide by the neutral arbitrator’s decision, which upholds baseball’s longest-ever active player suspension for sexual assault or domestic violence,” the league wrote in a statement Thursday.
“We understand this process was difficult for the witnesses involved and we thank them for their participation. Due to the collectively bargained confidentiality provisions of the joint program, we are unable to provide further details at this time.”
The 31-year-old pitcher was signed by the Dodgers in February 2021. The team has 14 days to decide if they want to add the ace back to their 40-man roster.
Trevor Bauer when he finds out he’s making $32 million from the Dodgers but wont pay California taxes https://t.co/jH0THFTpm2 pic.twitter.com/PSBlZlYq1g
— Gary Sheffield Jr. (@GarysheffieldJr) December 23, 2022
As we’ve already said, Bauer got a two-year suspension without pay after Major League Baseball decided that the Dodgers’ star pitcher broke the league’s joint policy on domestic violence.
Bauer was accused of punching and choking a woman until she was unconscious. The accuser said she had bumps, bruises, scratches, and other injuries as a result. Other women also said bad things about him.
The Cy Young winner, on the other hand, has always said he is innocent and denied doing anything wrong. Trevor still has at least one more season left on his deal with the Dodgers… Follow us only on Lee Daily for more news like this.