Check Email Newsletters on Email Deliverability and Spam
An efficient email campaign constitutes an indispensable part of current marketing and therefore it is the aim of all companies. Being engaged in the creation of a newsletter, companies do their utmost to make it flawless. A lot of tools and resources which can assist in setting an email campaign exist and continue to appear all the time. Sometimes it’s difficult to get a handle on them but it’s worth doing.
Since any company wants to prevent newsletters from getting into the spam folder, it’s necessary to take into account various factors which contribute to this and make use of practices and tools which help to avoid this. One of such tool is an email address spam checker which helps to screen email deliverability (whether your emails fall into the inbox or vanish without being seen) and, consequently, being opened and read.
The Basics of an Email Address Spam Checker
Generating a superb email newsletter may appear to be a laborious and lasting process. Even if you make use of templates, it’s necessary to ensure its delivery to your target audience. An email address spam checker can come in handy. It’s a kind of tool which screens your email newsletter through spam filters to pinpoint issues such as inadmissible email content, a blacklisted domain or IP address, and problems caused by authentication. Such issues may cause your newsletters to get into spam.
Reasons for Using a Spam Checker
Here are some reasons why it’s a good idea to leverage a spam mail tester:
- to have a positive impact on the sender’s reputation;
- to make email deliverability better;
- to raise the quality of messages to satisfy both recipients and ESPs.
Bear in mind that a message that lands in spam damages email deliverability and affects the sender’s reputation, and, therefore, threatens all your efforts and goals within your email campaign. Getting into spam is the worst option, so having a free tool like a spam checker can verify messages for spam before sending them.
Features of a Spam Checker Which Contribute to High Email Deliverability
To perform a test, an email spam checker sends a copy of your message by means of its accounts on main ESPs and assesses the information received. The main characteristics of a spam checker are the following:
- Screening of authentication. It can verify whether DKIM, SPF, and DMARC are established. These methods of authentication are necessary to reduce or avoid phishing and spamming.
- Blacklist Detection. A spam checker verifies whether your IP address or domain is mentioned on any blacklist. It’s crucial to pinpoint as messages from blacklisted domains are sent to the spam folder. When your presence on a blacklist is confirmed, you need to make modifications to be deleted from it.
- Conducting a SpamAssassin Check. SpamAssassin is considered to be a spam filtering program. It can be utilized either separately, or to supplement other spam filtering programs.
- Monitoring the content. A mail spam test screens the content of a message and pinpoints spammy phrases. It also checks the size of an email to be proper.
Aspects Which Are Considered Within an Email Spam Check
When you run a spam test, you are supposed to get a spam score. It ranges from 0 to 100 and enables us to evaluate the efficiency of the email campaign. It evaluates your sending practices, enumerates the appropriate things, and recommends possible changes to make certain your messages are delivered properly. The abilities of various tools and software may be different. Generally speaking, mailbox testers may monitor:
- Domain and IP blacklists;
- Authentication records (SPF, DKIM, DMARC);
- DNS configuration;
- Body blacklists;
- URLs, etc.
After a check, you can get detailed information about each aspect by clicking on it. Then you should make changes and send a new version of a newsletter for a test to assess the results of the changes.
The Usage of Heat Maps While Sending Newsletters
If we talk about heat maps, we mean a graphical representation of information, different values of which are presented in different colors. They help to identify what is appealing to users and what isn’t. Heat map checking helps make certain your newsletters are calling the attention they aim to. Attention maps and clarity maps are distinguished. They work in tandem to provide an efficient email campaign.
The usage of an attention map enables you to pinpoint parts of your messages which capture attention and which are scrolled down at a glance. The hottest places are demonstrated in bright red colors. The colors of heat maps vary from dark reds to light blues.
A clear heat map is elaborated to detect cluttered parts of the design which are not understandable. Looking at a clarity map gives an opportunity to make adjustments in order to boost the clarity score and make the message clear to your customers. The colors are mainly red and green while green represents clear areas in your newsletter.
Tips on Creating a Newsletter to Avoid Getting Into Spam
Newsletters are regarded as a crucial component of an efficient email strategy since they help establish lasting relations with customers. To elaborate a newsletter, it’s recommended to follow these tips:
- Work out a strategy for your newsletters. Determine your goals to make your newsletter stand out from similar ones.
- Select an email marketing software. Choose one which features newsletter templates, an easy-to-use editor, a contact manager, or automation options.
- Work on a newsletter email list. Provide opt-in and never buy lists. Maintain your list relevant by means of a mail checker.
- Develop a subscription form for your newsletters and add it to your website or blog. Don’t forget to send a welcome message to your subscribers.
- Draw attention to your potential subscribers. It’s possible to utilize live chat windows, pop-ups, or lead magnets but think over their placement.
- Generate a newsletter campaign. Reflect on the subject line and the sender data which will be demonstrated to your customers.
- Test out your newsletter. When you send a test message, you get a chance of looking at your newsletter as a recipient and making changes if necessary. Run a mail spam test to ensure your messages land properly.
- Send out the newsletter. Remember to schedule your sending, considering its date and time.
- Keep a record of its performance. Take into account various metrics to get a complete picture of your email campaign.
Points to Be Mindful of While Utilizing a Spam Checker Online
Plenty of factors should be considered to make your emails reach the inbox. When you deal with emails, there are things that are under your supervision and the ones that you can’t take control of. When a recipient marks your message as spam and it falls into a spam folder, it’s out of your control. However, most of the aspects of email deliverability can be monitored and current tools contribute to this. For instance, a mail checker helps verify email addresses on a marketing list as it’s important to send messages to valid addresses. It’s also crucial to think over your content thoroughly and care about its quality and is appealing to your customers.
To keep an eye on deliverability, sender score, DNS factors, and information related to IP, being included in a blacklist, it’s possible to make use of a spam checker or an email deliverability test. An email tester helps to monitor aspects from email placement to list hygiene which may impact your email deliverability. With the help of a mail spam tester, such as Folder, you are likely to optimize your email campaign to be read and increase users’ engagement. A spam checker as well as other marketing tools is worth using it.