The FBI on Saturday made public the documents related to its investigation going on for Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States. The investigation was done for the allegations against the Saudi government who were suspected to be supporting the hijackers, following an executive order by President Joe Biden.
The 16 pages partially redacted document was made public by the FBI on the 20th anniversary of the attacks. The document contained every detail of the contacts between the hijackers and various Saudi officials. Even after so many details, these documents did not provide any thorough conclusion whether the government in Riyadh was involved in the attacks, which killed nearly 3,000 people.
Earlier this month, President Biden asked the Department of Justice to again check the documents from the FBI regarding the attacks to be reviewed and released. Families of the victims have been on this for years for more details about what the FBI found in its probe and are hoping that the documents would show Saudi Arabian authorities supported the plot.
FBI declassifies documents associated with 9/11 attacks
The attack had 19 hijackers of which 15 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. While they never agreed on this and always believed they had no role in the attacks. The Saudi embassy in Washington never replied to a request made for comment to be made out of hours late on Saturday. In 2004 a U.S. government commission never found any proof that Saudi Arabia directly funded any amount to al Qaeda, the group was provided a safe haven by the Taliban in Afghanistan at the time. It made clear that the individual Saudi officials might be a part of the attack.
The families of around 2,500 people who died in the attacks, and ever more than 20,000 people who suffered injuries, loss in businesses, and many other insurers, have sued Saudi Arabia and are claiming billions of dollars. A statement made by, the embassy on September 8 mentioned Saudi Arabia has always proved how transparent they are on the matter of the attack of Sept. 11, 2001, and this time as well allows the release by the United States of documents relating to the attacks.
According to all the statements made by the embassy in the previous investigations, including the 9/11 Commission and the release of the so-called ’28 Pages, there was clearly no evidence that shows that the Saudi government or any of its officials were ever had any knowledge of the terrorist attack or were involved in any way.
In a statement made by the organization 9/11 Families United, Terry Strada, her husband Tom was killed on Sept. 11. She said the documents which were made public by the FBI on Saturday had increased many doubts about Saudi complicity in the attacks.
She said that the Saudis’ all secrets are out now and it is better for the Kingdom to agree to its officials’ roles in murdering thousands on American soil President Biden has taken a tougher choice with Saudi Arabia even more than his predecessor Donald Trump. She continued and a\indicating the Kingdom for their human rights record. She also shows a U.S. intelligence report declared the Kingdom’s ruler Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman in the 2018 killing of a Saudi journalist named Jamal Khashoggi. But even after the reports, the prince denies any involvement.
- Anchor Jimmy Kimmel Thinks Unvaccinated People Should Not Get ICU Beds
- Rapper Lil Uzi Vert’s $24 Million Diamond Ripped Out of His Head at Rolling Loud at Miami
- The World Is Mourning The Untimely Demises Of Michael K. Williams, ‘the Wire’ Actor, At 54