Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been a beloved racing game for Nintendo Switch since its release in 2017. With its vibrant graphics, intuitive controls, and exciting multiplayer gameplay, it has captured the hearts of both casual and competitive gamers worldwide.
One of the reasons for its continued success is the introduction of downloadable content (DLC) waves that add new tracks, characters, and vehicles to the game. Fans have eagerly been awaiting news of the highly anticipated DLC Wave 5, and now, the moment has arrived.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Wave 5 Release Date
Great news for all Mario Kart 8 Deluxe fans! Wave 5 of the DLC is launching, on July 12. While there is no specific time mentioned, based on previous updates, we can expect the Wave 5 content to go live around 3 pm BST.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 5 DLC out now, Version 2.4.0 update released (patch notes)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 5 DLC out now, Version 2.4.0 update released (patch notes)https://t.co/j9AvYxWWsL
— My Nintendo News (@MyNintendoNews) July 12, 2023
Wave 5 Content
One of the exciting additions in Wave 5 is the character Petey Piranha. To access the Wave 5 tracks, you will need to download the Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass.
You can get this pass separately from the Nintendo eShop for £22.49/$24.99. Alternatively, if you have a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, you will receive the Booster Course Pass at no extra cost.
Wave 6 and Future Updates
After Wave 5, there is still one more wave of DLC content to come. However, the release date for Wave 6 has not been announced yet.
Usually, Booster Course Pass waves are released every three to four months. Based on this pattern, we can anticipate Wave 6 to arrive later this year, possibly in October or November.
Check out some other new content we’ve published:
- State Of Decay 3 Release Date: Gameplay Predictions Unveiled!
- Squid Game Season 2 Cast Announcement: Meet the New Players in the Deadly Game
Total Tracks Added
When you get the Booster Course Pass, it will provide a whopping 48 additional courses to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. This means that the number of tracks in the game will double, offering you even more racing excitement and variety.
So get ready to jump into the action, as Wave 5 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC launches today, bringing new tracks and the exciting character Petey Piranha. And remember, there’s still more to come with Wave 6, expanding the game even further. Enjoy the increased racing thrills with the expanded track selection!
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update 2.4.0 Patch Notes
Alongside Wave 5, there is a new patch update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. This update, version 2.4.0, not only introduces the new tracks and characters but also includes various bug fixes and gameplay improvements. Here are the key changes outlined in the patch notes:
Support for DLC
The game now supports the paid DLC called “Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 5.” This DLC includes two cups, eight courses, and three new characters.
- Performance improvements have been made for certain characters and vehicle customizations, enhancing their overall gameplay experience.
- The invincibility time for some characters has been adjusted, ensuring a fair balance during races.
- Changes have been made to the random item selection method in races with Custom Items enabled when there are four players or fewer.
- The warning system for approaching Red Shells or Spiny Shells from behind has been expanded, providing players with more time to react.
- Warnings about Red Shells or Spiny Shells now take priority over other warnings, ensuring players are better informed.
- Warnings are no longer displayed when a Red Shell is targeting opponents, preventing unnecessary distractions.
- Players can now use the touchscreen to operate the L/R buttons on the class selection and course selection screens in the Grand Prix.
- The appearance rate of Mirror and 200cc races in the Worldwide and Regional settings has been lowered.
- An issue causing a communication error when a character catches a boomerang while a Boo brings an item has been resolved.
- Players can now throw an equipped item when catching a boomerang simultaneously.
- The graph for the Mii Heavy weight class’s parameters now accurately reflects their abilities.
- A warning now appears when opponents use a Bullet Bill in online matches.
- Using a Super Star, Bullet Bill, or Boo will no longer cause the kart to spin or crash into obstacles.
- Getting stuck between a cliff and small mushroom in Wii Mushroom Gorge and being unable to move has been fixed.
Transforming into a Bullet Bill right in front of the goal in GBA Riverside Park will no longer result in going off the course.
These updates and fixes aim to improve the overall gameplay experience, ensuring a smoother and more enjoyable racing adventure for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe players. Make sure to update your game to enjoy these enhancements and fixes!
Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates and news on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe!