The original Dead Space was released in 2008, and its remake is a survival horror game. Motive Studio created the remake, and EA is responsible for releasing it. It is set in the 26th century and follows engineer Isaac Clarke who has to survive as he tries to save his crewmates and figure out why USG Ishimura has gone silent. Here’s a rundown of the key distinctions between the two versions of Dead Space, in case you’re curious.
Dead Space Remake Differences
Better graphics, greater dialogue, and expanded character backstories are just a few of the ways in which the 2023 remake of Dead Space improves upon the original.
- Upgraded graphics using the Frostbite engine
- Isaac speaks throughout the story
- Addition of side quests to enhance the playing experienceAlternate ending available
- Addition of security clearance upgrades to access restricted areas
- No more loading screens
- More audio logs and dialogue for characters
- Characters have full names
- New puzzles
- Lighting is enhanced and more atmospheric using volumetric lighting
- Modified map and objectives (recognizable but not the same)
- Richer audio across the board
- Improved accessibility options
You may also be interested in reading the following relevant articles, which we have provided down below:
- Dead Space Remake: Chapter List and New Side Missions Detailed
- Dead Space Remake Unlock Time: When Can I Play?
- Dead Space Remake Gets a Release Date Status For January 2023
Changes have been made that improve the game while still making it feel like Dead Space to fans of the original. The game isn’t the same, but it’s much better, making for a more engaging and immersive experience thanks to Isaac’s dialogue and the additional audio logs that provide more context and character development for the people who have gone missing on the Ishimura.
It would be unwise to gloss over the fact that the remake includes a plethora of accessibility features that will make the game playable by a wider audience and provide them with a richer, more tailored experience. This comparison of Dead Space and Dead Space Remake should be clearer after reading our list of changes. To read more about Dead Space, explore our coverage so far.