Woman Accused of Killing Pro Cyclist in Love Triangle Arrested in Costa Rica

After a 43-day manhunt, authorities in Costa Rica claim they have apprehended a woman suspected of murdering a professional cyclist because of a romantic relationship. In connection with the May 11 shooting death of Anna Moriah Wilson, 34-year-old Kaitlin Marie Armstrong was detained on Santa Teresa Beach in Provincia de Puntarenas, a western region of the country that covers much of its Pacific Coast.

Officials claimed they suspected Armstrong of shooting Wilson over a love triangle with another pro cyclist, Colin Strickland, 35, after his death, which shocked the cycling community and gained national attention. Armstrong, a yoga instructor and real estate salesperson who lived with Strickland in Austin was last seen at Newark Liberty International Airport a week after Wilson was found dead, and his disappearance further added to the intrigue.

Also, look at

Authorities now believe she entered Costa Rica with a fake passport and was discovered hiding out in a hostel there. According to the Marshals Service, Armstrong will be deported and transferred back to the United States. Susan Pamerleau, the U.S. marshal for the Western District of Texas, said in a statement that elevating the investigation to “major case status” early in the process certainly assisted in her capture.

“This is an example of combining the resources of local, state, federal, and international authorities to apprehend a violent fugitive, bring an end to that run, and hopefully a sense of closure to the victim’s family,” Pamerleau said. He was dating Strickland for about a week following his breakup with his girlfriend of three years Armstrong, according to a court document obtained by the New York Post. However, Strickland and Armstrong had resumed their romance and were again living together.

When Wilson arrived in Hico in May, he had just finished competing in Gravel Locos, a hill country race in the town of Hico. The affidavit stated that she spent the night at a friend’s house in East Austin, then caught up with Strickland on May 11 to go swimming.
Around 8:36 p.m., Strickland left Wilson off at home after dinner.

Surveillance footage recorded a dark-colored SUV with a bike rack stopping next to the same property a minute later. According to the arrest warrant, it seemed to be Armstrong’s automobile. The affidavit says that Wilson’s friend found him on the bathroom floor and gave him CPR.

Strickland, who has not been charged or suspected of any crime related to Wilson’s death, told the Austin American-Statesman in May, “There is no way to adequately express the regret and torture I feel about being close to this horrible crime.” He stated that he and Wilson had not been romantically involved since the fall of last year at the earliest.

In a case unrelated to Wilson’s killing, police detained Armstrong on May 12 and interrogated her. She couldn’t say why her car was there at the time of the shooting, and according to the affidavit, she told investigators that she “had no idea” that Strickland had been with Wilson recently. Armstrong was freed from police custody in spite of the misdemeanor warrant.

Police received two pieces of information that Armstrong had urged Wilson to stay away from Strickland in January and was enraged when she realized the duo had been in contact. Authorities claim that Armstrong admitted to the second informant that she was so upset that she wanted to kill Wilson and that she had either purchased or planned to purchase a firearm. Strickland admitted to police that he and Armstrong had purchased firearms around that time.

Forensics officers established a “significant” relationship between the round casings fired by Armstrong’s weapon and those found near Wilson’s body. On May 17, Austin police issued an arrest warrant for Armstrong, who they say is guilty of first-degree murder. However, Armstrong had already escaped the state at this point. On May 13, she sold her black Jeep Grand Cherokee to a CarMax store in south Austin for $12,200, according to the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force of the U.S. Marshals.

They said that the dealership paid Armstrong a day after she was questioned by authorities in Austin, Texas. US Marshals Service reports that Armstrong flew out of Newark the day after Austin police filed a homicide warrant. After flying from Austin to Houston, she may have taken a connecting flight to LaGuardia Airport in New York City. They didn’t say how she arrived at Newark Airport.

It’s not apparent if Armstrong is represented by a lawyer at this time. According to ABC’s “Good Morning America” in May, her father did not believe she was capable of murder. According to Velo News, a cycling publication, Wilson, a Vermont native, was favored to win the Gravel Locos tournament after winning many races this year. After her death, her family established a fundraiser in her honor and asked the race to continue.

“We hope everyone feels her passion and support as they chase their own dreams,” they wrote. In training and on race day, her spirit will be with you all. Stay tuned with us only on Lee Daily

Leave a Comment

Snowfall Season 6 Release Date ‘Games Wide Open’ is the Official Slogan of Paris Olympics 2024 The Morning Show Season 3 Release Date Johnny Depp Swore in a Declaration That Amber Heard Never Did Him Any Harm: ‘Damning’ Trump Faces Questions About His Net Worth in Interview (Latest News) Unsealed Depp v. Heard Docs Claim Johnny Depp Suffers From Erectile Dysfunction