Damar Hamlin Released From Hospital a Week After Collapsing on Field

Damar Hamlin, a safety for the Buffalo Bills, has been released from the hospital nine days after he had a cardiac arrest during a game. He was sent to Buffalo General Hospital from UC Health in Cincinnati earlier in the week.

“Hamlin was admitted on Monday and went through a comprehensive medical evaluation as well as a series of cardiac, neurological, and vascular testing on Tuesday,” the Bills said in a statement.

Hamlin passed out after making a tackle on Cincinnati Bengals’ Tee Higgins during the first quarter of their game on January 2. The medical team raced out to the field shortly after he fell, and they were able to revive him by performing CPR and restarting his heart. On the field, an ambulance was waiting to take him to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

Damar Hamlin Released From Hospital
Damar Hamlin Released From Hospital

His brain function was reported to be unimpaired, thus the physicians were able to withdraw the ventilator days after he was hospitalized. Dr. Jamie Nadler, a chief quality officer at Buffalo General, said in a statement, “We have completed a series of tests and evaluations, and in consultation with the team physicians, we are confident that Damar can be safely discharged to continue his rehabilitation at home and with the Bills.”

On Sunday, Hamlin spent the day updating his followers on the status of his team’s game against the New England Patriots through Twitter. With a win by a score of 35-23, the Bills secured the No. 2 seed in the playoffs, thanks in large part to a 96-yard touchdown return by Nyheim Hines.

Also, he showed off a snapshot of himself and his parents visiting him in the hospital. Since Hamlin’s injury a week ago, the National Football League and the public have come together in strong support of him. It was common practice for players and coaches to sport “Love for Damar” T-shirts, and the league-wide standard was to accent the No. 3 on the 30-yard line of all playing fields.

Shares of a GoFundMe page launched by Hamlin in 2020 to raise $2,500 for a charity toy drive went viral after the game, resulting in more than $8.75 million being donated. Bills head coach Sean McDermott said at a news conference on Wednesday, “Obviously grateful first and foremost that he’s home and with his parents, his brother, which is great.” “I’m sure it’s felt like a long time since he’s been able to be home.”

You can check out Our Previous Article-

McDermott said he would “leave it up to him” to determine when Hamlin wants to visit the squad. On January 15, the Bills will be hosting the Miami Dolphins in the wild-card round of the playoffs.

Last Lines

Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin, who had a cardiac arrest during a game, has been released from the hospital after spending nine days there. Early in the week, UC Health in Cincinnati sent him to Buffalo General Hospital.

Bookmark our site leedaily.com for the latest news and share this article with your loved ones.

Leave a Comment