Shou Zi Chew is a businessman and entrepreneur from Singapore. Since 2021, he has been the CEO of TikTok. In this article, we will take a closer look at Shou Chew’s net worth, his early life, and his journey to success.
Shou Chew Net Worth: How Much Has Tiktok CEO Accumulated?
According to our most recent analysis, Shou Zi Chew’s net worth is expected to reach USD 50 billion. As Xiaomi’s chief financial officer, Shou Chew contributed to the business’s considerable growth and position as one of the top smartphone producers worldwide.
|Shou Zi Chew
|Date of Birth
|January 1st, 1983
|Place of Birth
|40 years old
|5 feet 10 inches
When Was Shou Chew Born and Where?
On January 1st, 1983, Chew was born in Singapore. His mother was a bookkeeper, while his father was a builder. Chew completed his National Service (NS) as a commissioned officer in the Singapore Army after graduating from Hwa Chong Institution.
Chew continued his education at University College London after his time in the military on active duty, where he earned a Bachelor of Economics degree in 2006. He earned a Master of Business Administration in 2010 from Harvard Business School and had a summer internship there.
Shou Chew Career Success
Chew spent two years as a banker at Goldman Sachs in London following his graduation from University College London in 2006 before joining venture capital firm DST Global. In 2013, Chew oversaw a group of early ByteDance investors at DST Global.
Chew began working for Xiaomi as its chief financial officer in 2015. He was appointed president of Xiaomi’s worldwide business in 2019. Chew began working for ByteDance as its chief financial officer in March 2021.
Once Kevin A. Mayer departed the ByteDance subsidiary after three months on the job, he was replaced by him. Chew provided testimony before the US Congress in March 2023 regarding the initiative to outlaw TikTok in the country.
You may also check some other trending articles here:
- Mesut Ozil Net Worth: How Did He Earn the Starting Spot for Real Madrid?
- Kenny Lattimore Net Worth: How Rich is the American Singer?
Shou Chew Personal Life
Chew wed Vivian Kao, an American from Taiwan. While enrolled at Harvard Business School in 2008, they became friends. Two kids were born to the couple. Chew enjoys reading books about theoretical physics and playing golf in his free time.
Shou Chew Awards And Achievements
- Chew served as Xiaomi’s chief financial officer and contributed to the company’s enormous growth and rise to the top of the global smartphone industry. Xiaomi’s valuation reached more than $100 billion during his leadership.
- Shou Zi Chew participated in several high-profile investments while at DST Global, including the Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi, which is currently one of the top producers of smartphones worldwide.
- For the calendar year 2021, he has been appointed CEO of ByteDance, the company that owns the well-known social media app TikTok. As CEO, he is in charge of the organization’s overall operations and strategic planning.
- Shou Zi Chew was included in Forbes’ 2013 list of the 30 Under 30 in Finance. Young leaders who have significantly improved their fields are honored on the list.
- In 2019, Shou was recognized as one of Fortune’s “40 Under 40.” The list honors the most significant young businesspeople.
- The successful initial public offerings (IPOs) of many companies, including Xiaomi and ByteDance, included Chew. These initial public offerings generated billions of dollars, enhancing his reputation as an excellent corporate executive.